Rate This Recipe:
Citas Pork Adobo by Jonathan Pasion of Kō Restaurant
Born and raised on Maui and a graduate of Maui High School, Pasion studied culinary arts at University of Hawaiʻi, Maui College. Shortly after graduating he began working at Fairmont Kea Lani as a cook supporting the resort’s food and beverage venues. Pasion continued his studies across the country at Johnson and Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island earning a Restaurant and Culinary Management degree. Currently Jonathan is the executive sous chef at Kō Restaurant at the Fairmont Kea Lani. He shares Citas Pork Adobo recipe that is some of his comfort foods.
- 2 lbs Pork Belly no skin
- 3 Tbsp Garlic
- 1/3 C Kikkoman Shoyu
- 2 Tbsp Silver Swan Soy Sauce
- 1/4 C Cane Vinegar
- 1/4 C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 Bay Leaves
- To taste whole black pepper
- 1 C Maui onion
- 2 Tbsp Cane sugar
- Sear off pork belly in a medium pan. Sear all sides. Then remove pork from Pot and brown off onions and garlic
- Add in all liquids and remove all FOND (caramelized bits) from bottom of pot.
- Next, add in seared pork, bay leaves, peppercorn bring to a simmer for 30 mins till fork tender.
- Once fully tender, serve with hot rice
Calories: 5016kcalCarbohydrates: 62gProtein: 99gFat: 481gSaturated Fat: 175gPolyunsaturated Fat: 51gMonounsaturated Fat: 224gCholesterol: 653mgSodium: 5797mgPotassium: 2372mgFiber: 3gSugar: 43gVitamin A: 125IUVitamin B1: 4mgVitamin B5: 3mgVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 175mgIron: 9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!