Rate This Recipe:
Hamburger Chili by Joshua Kahula
Joshua Kahula is the lead singer of Maui’s own Nuff Sedd. An accomplished musician who composed and arranged many of the Nuff Sedd songs and helped to create the band’s cutting edge sound with musical influences from ska, reggae, funk, R&B, classic rock, alternative and pop genres. His most recent project is E OLA MAUI a collaboration with many artists in a tribute to the families of Maui impacted by the August fires www.eolamaui.com. A resident of Lahaina and father of 3 Josh shares recipes that fit his familes busy lifestyle.
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbsp olive oil to coat pan
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1-15 oz can kidney beans
- 1-15 oz can sweet corn
- 1 Chili packet – McCormicks
- 1 tsp Hawaiian salt
- In 3-quart saucepan, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked.
- Mix chili packet and tomato sauce in a bowl then add to saucepan.
- Cook until slightly darkened, about 1 minute. Add beans and corn and salt to taste. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle chili into 4 bowls, serve with rice or chips.
Calories: 765kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 43gFat: 61gSaturated Fat: 19gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 30gTrans Fat: 3gCholesterol: 161mgSodium: 3181mgPotassium: 930mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 340IUVitamin B1: 0.2mgVitamin B5: 2mgVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 60mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!