Created this easy chicken enchilada dish to share. Perfect for quick family meals or last minute potluck. I made this for my family last night and it was a hit.
What separates it from other similar dishes is that the combination of the two types of enchilada sauces. You can double the chicken and use it for next day tacos or nachos. I hope you enjoy.
Rate This Recipe:
Easy Chicken Enchilada
- 3 lb. boneless skinless chicken
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 heaping tbsp. pesto
- Corn or flour tortilla
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn (I used southwest corn blend)
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 2 small cans el paso green chile enchilada sauce
- 2 small cans el paso red enchilada sauce
- 1 bag Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can olives sliced
- 3 stalks green onion chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 c. cilantro chopped
- In a pot fill water to cover the chicken.
- Add bouillon and pesto, bring to boil Simmer until chicken falls apart, approximately 20-30 minutes, set aside.
- In a sauté pan, fry diced onions until translucent.
- Add in corn, black beans and taco seasoning.
- Drain chicken, shred as needed.
- Add chicken to corn mixture, warm.
- Mix 2 types enchilada sauce in a bowl In a 9×13 pan spread 3/4c enchilada sauce on the bottom.
- Fill tortillas with chicken mixture, roll and fill pan.
- Pour more sauce all over the top of enchiladas.
- Spread shredded cheese.
- Top with olives and green onions.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Take off cover and bake another 15 minutes Serve and garnish.
How To Serve:
- A great compliment on the side is Mexican rice.