Time to take advantage of all of the amazing fresh fruit and make fresh fruit sorbets. If you can’t get fresh pineapple, you can usually get fresh-frozen at Costco or Samsclub. This recipe is super easy to make and has only 5 ingredients.
Easy Pineapple Sorbet
- 3 1/2 pounds pineapple peeled, cored and diced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- Peel, core and dice pineapple. In a glass bowl or measuring cup, add water, lemon juice and gelatin and allow to stand for 1 minute.
- Put glass mixture in microwave for 45 seconds.
- Remove and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In a food processor add pineapple, sugar and gelatin mixture and process until smooth.
- Do in smaller batches if necessary. Taste and add more sugar if necessary.
- Transfer mixture to ice cube trays or metal shallow baking pan, cover with plastic and freeze until almost frozen (about 1 – 1.5 hours ).
- In processor or nutribulllet, add semi-frozen pineapple cubes and process, in batches, until smooth.
- Transfer to plastic container and freeze, covered, until solid.