A Filipino version of a classic fritter with firm ripe bananas. Enjoy right after frying for a crispy and tender treat.
Filipino Bandiay-Bandiay (Banana Fritters)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 c. milk
- 2 tsp. butter, melted
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 3 firm ripe bananas, peeled
- Flour as needed
- Oil for frying
- In a deep skillet or fryer; warm oil. In a mixing bowl; combine egg, milk and butter well.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Cut bananas into 2-inch pieces; smash down slightly.
- Dredge in flour and dip in batter.
- Deep fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
How To Serve:
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- Serves 6-8.