Another great Malasadas recipe from Frank DeLima. A recipe that he shared while on our Cooking Hawaiian Style show.
Rate This Recipe:
Frank DeLima’s Malasadas
Another great recipe from Frank DeLima – a recipe that he shared while on our Cooking Hawaiian Style show.
- 6 cup flour
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 packages active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups milk medium hot
- 6 eggs
- Cream the butter sugar and lemon extract.
- Add eggs and half of the milk. Combine it well.
- Add dry ingredients, Add rest of milk gradually till dough forms workable consistency.
- It may need more milk. Let rise 1 to 1 ½ hours Heat oil to 275 degrees.
- Dip tablespoon in oil and scoop some dough and drop into oil.
- Cook and wait until dough turns over brown.
- Roll dough in sugar and cool on wire rack.
Calories: 4072kcalCarbohydrates: 756gProtein: 131gFat: 53gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1037mgSodium: 669mgPotassium: 1979mgFiber: 23gSugar: 182gVitamin A: 2320IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 893mgIron: 40mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I will definitely make this. Thank you.