Chef Adam & Makani join their brother and host of Cooking Hawaiian Style Lanai to make Moi. A Hawaiian fish that was highly regarded and reserved only for Hawaiian royalty.
Chef Adam & Makani Tabura’s Crispy Skin Moi over baby watercress w/tomato tofu salad
- 1 each Whole Mo'I, cleaned and dried
- ½ tablespoon Hawaiian salt
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 3 cups Oil, to fry
- Baby Watercress, picked and cleaned
- Honda Tofu, diced
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Maui onion, julienne
- Assemble salad on plate.
- Green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Thai basil, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoon Cilantro, chopped
- 1.5 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- Season fish on all sides evenly, Heat oil in large sauté pan or fryer.
- Fry fish on both sides for 7-8 minutes or until done.
- Assemble tofu, watercress and tomatoes on plate.
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl well, then add cherry tomatoes to dressing to marinate for 2-3 hours.
How To Serve
- Place fried fish on salad plate and place cherry tomatoes and dressing over fish right before service.
- Watch for bones… enjoy!