This delicious recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai’s Island Bistro, Dining Out with Chai & Singha Thai Restaurant.
Garlic Pepper Prawns
- 8 oz. of large shrimp peeled and cleaned
- 1 c. of sliced cabbage
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp sliced onions
- 1 tbsp of sliced Chinese parsley (cilantro)
- 1 tbsp Aloaha Aloha Shoyu
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a hot pan, cook sliced cabbage for about 15 seconds, with a dash of oil and water. (Just enough to create some steam so that the cabbage will cook quickly and evenly) Place cooked cabbage on a plate.
- In a hot pan add the vegetable oil, prawns and garlic. Cook until the garlic turns a very light brown (Make sure not to burn the garlic as this will create a bitter flavor).
- Add the onions, Chinese parsley and soy sauce and stir for 10-15 seconds, turn off the heat.
- Chicken, pork, beef, calamari, scallop or tofu may be substituted for the prawns.
How To Serve:
- Place prawns and garlic mixture on top of the sliced cabbage. Top with fresh, ground pepper.