This Furikake Hurricane Chex Mix is the best of sweet meets savory meets salty. Everyone loves Chex Mix… this is a Hawaiian-ized or should I say Hawaii-ized version. You can pretty much put whatever you like into this recipe so be creative. I really like the texture of Chex cereal so I use two different kinds: rice and wheat.
I also love bugles so I added some of those…some macadamia nuts, butter pretzels and some arare (mochi crunch, kakimochi or rice crackers). The typical mixture is usually more of a savory mix, but this recipe has a more buttery, toffee-like mixture all mixed up with furikake.
For those of you that are big fans of hurricane popcorn, you will love this!! Very Addicting!!!
Furikake Hurricane Chex Mix
- Pre-heat Oven to 225 Degrees.
- In 2 large mixing bowls, divide up all of the dry ingredients.
- In a medium sauce pan, add all of the mixture ingredients and cook over medium-high heat mixing constantly until mixture comes to a boil and the mixture comes to a thick consistency. Do not overcook mixture!!!
- Pour mixture evenly into each bowl of dry ingredients and toss it so it touches all parts of the mix. Bake for ten minutes, remove and sprinkle with furikake mix.
- Bake in oven at 225 Degrees for 1 hr, tossing pieces every 10 minutes.
- Remove, let cool.
How To Serve:
- Variations: Add whatever you like.
- For an extra treat, drizzle the mixture with Chocolate or White Chocolate after the mixture cools down.