Green Papaya Salad – a dish that is on every Thai and Vietnamese Restaurant menu, this version is a very simple easy one to make at home.
Green Papaya Salad I
- 1 green papaya (1 lb.), seeded; peeled
- 1 large red tomato
- 1 TB cilantro, chopped
- 1 TB mint, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 2 oz. patis (fish sauce)
- 1/2 TB chili garlic sauce
- Using a mandoline; cut papaya into fine julienne strips.
- Cut tomato in half and press out seeds, cut into fine strips.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients and refrigerate 30 minutes.
How To Serve:
- Serves 4.