This healthy eating by AlohaCare recipe is low in fat and calories but high in flavor and nutrition using fresh local produce.
Visit http://AlohaCare.com to find out how AlohaCare is getting involved in the community.
Grilled Beef & Kim Chee Tacos
- 1–1/2 lb. flank steak, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 scallions (green onions), sliced
- 2 lime, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seed
- 6 cloves roasted garlic
- 6 corn tortillas
- 6 ounces Korean kim chee
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- Fresh cilantro (parsley) for garnish
- Put steak into a bag with the olive oil (2 tablespoons), scallions, lime juice, garlic, rice wine vinegar, black sesame and roasted garlic.
- Refrigerate and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat tablespoon oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Stir in 1/3 of the marinated steak mixture and saute steak to medium-rare (about 1 to 2 minutes). Transfer steak to serving dish. Repeat with remaining steak.
- Then warm tortillas in the oven or microwave, according to package instructions.
- To serve, add steak, kim chee, and bean sprouts on warmed tortilla. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lime and cilantro garnish.