This is an easy eggnog recipe where I combine local island flavors into traditional holiday fare. This haupia eggnog is the perfect island holiday treat!
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 1/2 in. long)
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- light or dark rum (optional)
- Garnish with Ground cinnamon and whipped cream (optional)
- Heat whipping cream, cinnamon sticks, and cloves in a saucepan, stirring, until boiling.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 1 hour. Strain and return to pan.
- Whisk egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk into heavy whipping cream.
- Cook, stirring constantly over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk. Let cool, then chill for 3 hours.