This is a different twist to regular types of Hula Huli brisket. I used a simple Chinese style rub that can be used on its own with different varieties of meat or poultry.
The sauce is a bottled huli style sauce that can also be used on its own for marinades. Combined together it came out to a Smokey sweet teriyaki style brisket.
- 6 lb. whole brisket
- 3 tbsp. Chinese five spice powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 bottle Noh Hula-Huli Sauce
- 1 juice from a lemon
- 6-8 finely diced garlic
- Mix marinade together and marinade brisket (fat side up) 24-48 hours (On my first try I skipped this step, not necessary to marinade).
- Mix dry rub ingredients and rub on fat side.
- Return to baking pan(fat side up) and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 300 degrees, 40 minutes per pound.
- Trim off fat, shred or cut into slices.
How To Serve:
- I liked mine served with mash potatoes and steamed veggies. You can used bottled brown gravy or save dripping and thicken with cornstarch water mixture.