Yesterday, I had a quick burst of inspiration to make a hurricane popcorn cookie using island princess mochi pop which is a combination of caramel corn, arare (rice crackers)…added macadamia nuts and furikake.
Rate This Recipe:
Hurricane Popcorn Cookies
Yesterday, I had a quick burst of inspiration to make a hurricane popcorn cookie using island princess mochi pop which is a combination of caramel corn, arare (rice crackers)… added macadamia nuts and furikake.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, shoyu and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Pour the mochi pop contents into a food processor or blender and pulse it to create a course grind. Do Not over process into a powder.. you want to leave chunks of popcorn and rice crackers.
- Add popcorn, furikake and macadamia nuts into mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls or use a cookie scoop 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 13-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
How To Serve:
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Calories: 86kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 1gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.001gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 51mgPotassium: 39mgFiber: 1gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 19IUVitamin B1: 0.1mgVitamin B5: 0.1mgVitamin C: 0.03mgCalcium: 19mgIron: 0.3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!