www.shorebirdwaikiki.com (Restaurant Closed as of September 30, 2017)
Recipe compliments of Shore Bird Broiler, Waikiki.
Rate This Recipe:
Haupia Macadamia Nut Bread Pudding
Hawaiian Haupia Macadamia Nut Bread Pudding – as made at the Shore Bird in Waikiki Hawaii.
- 15 croissant, preferable 1 day old
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 c. coconut milk
- 1 c. sugar, granulated
- 1 quart water
- 1/2 c. coconut, shredded
- 1/2 c. chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Cut croissants into 1-inch cubes and spread along the bottom of a 9 by 13-inch baking pan.
- Mix eggs, evaporated milk, coconut milk, and sugar; add water until it has a custard texture.
- Pour custard mixture over bread cubes.
- Top with shredded coconut and macadamia nuts.
- Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!