A plan ahead dish that can be enjoyed as an entree or as this recipe indicates, as an appetizer or snack.
A twist on our popular Mochiko Chicken but made with local fish instead.
Mochiko Mahi Mahi
- 2 1/2 lbs. mahi mahi, 2-inch pieces
- 2 TB vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. mochiko (glutinous rice flour)
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 2 TB Aloha shoyu
- 2 TB sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 TB ginger, grated
- 2 TB sesame seeds, toasted
- In a mixing bowl; combine marinade ingredients; marinate mahi mahi 3 hours or overnight.
- In a large skillet; warm oil.
- Fry fish until browned on both sides.
How To Serve:
- Serve with favorite dipping sauce, tartar-style sauce or just as is.
- Serves 4-6.