Hawaiian oxtail soup recipe, slowly cooked to produce perfect oxtail soup with ginger, Hawaiian salt, blanched raw peanuts and easy to cook.
Rate This Recipe:
Moms Oxtail Soup Recipe
The perfect way to bring in the new year… with a big pot of oxtail soup!
- 8-10 lbs. oxtail
- 3-4 small packages blanched raw peanuts
- 2-3 cans beef broth
- 1 hand ginger sliced
- to taste Hawaiian salt
- grated ginger
- chopped cilantro
- Aloha shoyu
- Place oxtail in large pot and add just enough water to cover the meat completely.
- Bring to boil and cook for 1 hour.
- Add ginger and peanuts and cook for 2 hours.
- Season with Hawaiian salt to taste.
- Peanuts should also be nice and tender.
- Add beef broth and serve.
- Add grated ginger, cilantro and Aloha shoyu to your liking in a small bowl to be used to dip oxtail.
Calories: 9042kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1131gFat: 483gSaturated Fat: 193gPolyunsaturated Fat: 17gMonounsaturated Fat: 225gCholesterol: 3992mgSodium: 10277mgPotassium: 496mgFiber: 0.3gSugar: 0.02gVitamin B1: 0.04mgVitamin B5: 0.2mgVitamin C: 0.1mgCalcium: 781mgIron: 145mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!