Nori Wrapped Chicken – A classic Hawaii dish that I don’t think that I’ve seen anywhere else!
Rate This Recipe:
Nori Wrapped Chicken
This Nori Wrapped Chicken recipe is a classic Hawaii dish that I don't think that I've seen anywhere else!
- 2 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- nori-cut into strips
- oil for frying
- 3/4 c. mochiko (sweet glutinous rice flour)
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. green onions, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 c. Aloha shoyu
- 1 tsp. ko choo jung sauce
- 1/4 c. Aloha shoyu
- 2 TB water
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 TB green onion, finely minced
- pinch ginger, finely minced
- In a mixing bowl, combine mochiko, cornstarch, sugar and salt, mixing well.
- Stir in garlic, green onions, eggs, soy sauce and ko choo jung sauce.
- Marinate chicken pieces 2 hours or overnight in mixture.
- Wrap 1 nori strip around each chicken piece.
- Heat oil in wok or deep fat fryer and fry, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In a mixing bowl; combine all ingredients well.
- Serves 6.
How To Serve:
- Serve with dipping sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!