A visit to Chinatown is made special when passing windows after windows of roast duck, chickens and roast pork hanging in the meat market with long lines out the doors.
A normal trip to the meat market meant you would get home with only half of what you purchased because who can resist those first bites after leaving the market. My dear friend Matt introduced me to this dish.
Rate This Recipe:
Ono Pupu Roast Pork
- 1 lb. roast pork, bite-sized pieces
- 3 tomatoes, wedges
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 c. white vinegar
- 2/3 c. Aloha shoyu
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TB fresh ginger, minced
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Mix roast pork, tomatoes and onions, mixing well.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Serve while still warm.
How To Serve:
- Note: If dish has been chilled or if pork is cold, reheat before serving.