Oriental Chicken-Mushroom Soup is my go to soup whenever I feel a cold coming along. A delicious tasty and healthy soup. Very soothing and comforting.
Oriental Chicken-Mushroom Soup
- 2 lbs. chicken bite-sized pieces
- 1 TB peanut oil
- 8 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 stalks green onion chopped
- 4 thin slices fresh ginger
- 1/3 c. dry sherry
- 6 c. Oriental Chicken Stock
- 1/2 lb. spinach leaves, washed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. sesame seed oil
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, sauté chicken in oil.
- Add mushrooms, onion and ginger, cook 1 minute.
- Add sherry and stock; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add spinach, salt and pepper.
- Stirring until leaves are wilted.
- Stir in sesame seed oil.
How To Serve:
- Serves 6.