This delicious oyster with spicy garlic salsa recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai’s Island Bistro, Dining Out with Chai & Singha Thai Restaurant.
Rate This Recipe:
Fresh Oyster On Ice w/Spicy Garlic Salsa
This delicious oyster with spicy garlic salsa recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai's Island Bistro, Dining Out with Chai & Singha Thai Restaurant.
- 18 pieces fresh oyster
- 1 bucket crushed ice
- 1 tbsp. fine chopped garlic
- 1/4 tbsp. fine chopped lemongrass
- 1 tbsp. chopped Chinese parsley (Cilantro)
- 1 piece fresh Chili pepper, fine chopped
- 2 pieces Kaffie lime leaves, fine chopped
- 3 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 whole tomato small dices about quarter inch
- 1 tbsp black Tobiko caviar
- some cheval for garnish
- To make the sauce, combine garlic, lemongrass, Chinese parsley, chili pepper, Kaffir lime leaf, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar.
- Stir for a minute to make sure all the sugar is melted, let it sit for minimum 15 minutes and let the herb and spices release the flavor into the sauce.
- Open, clean and separate the oyster meat from the shell (this will make it easier to eat) put the meat back into the shell and place on crushed ice.
- Add about quarter spoon of the sauce to the oyster and top with diced tomato, Toboko caviar and cheval.
How To Serve:
- Serve Chilled over ice or kosher salt.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!