Relle Lum, also known as Keeping It Relle online, is a wife, mom of two, and nurse practitioner from Maui where she was born and raised and continues to raise her family. In her spare time she loves to cook and bake and has compiled many of her favorite recipes on her wildly popular website keepingitrelle.com.
Relle is a self taught, home cook. Her recipes are meant to be easy to follow so that anyone can share them with family and friends. Her love for baking began at a young age when she would help her mother in the kitchen.
She loves to bake all kinds of sweets, and admits she still has a sweet tooth.
Panko Crusted Ahi with unagi aioli by Relle Lum
- 4 1/4 lb. fresh ahi fillets
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Garlic salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 cup Panko
- 2 Eggs
- To cover pan Oil
Ingredients For Aioli:
- 3 Tbsp Furikake
- 1/2 cup Mayonaise
- 1 Tbsp Unagi sauce
- 1 Clove Fresh garlic finely pressed
- Heat pan on medium with oil just enough to cover bottom.
- Pour flour on a flat plate.
- Add salt and pepper to flour, then mix.
- Crack eggs in a bowl and mix.
- Pour eggs on a 2nd flat plate.
- Pour panko on a 3rd flat plate.
- Individually place each fillet first in flour mixture making sure fully covered.
- Then place fillet in egg plate and cover thoroughly.
- Then place fillet in panko plate and fully cover.
- Repeat above for all 4 fillet.
- Place fillets in pan and cook to your likeness, 1-2 mins for quick sear, cook on both sides.
- Place mayonnaise, unagi sauce and garlic in a small bowl and mix together.
- Cut fillets into 3-4 bite slices, sprinkle furikake on fillets.
- Add sauce to squeeze bottle and squeeze over fillets or use as a dipping sauce.
- Serve with rice, sprinkle remaining furikake on rice.