Relle Lum, also known as Keeping It Relle online, is a wife, mom of two, and nurse practitioner from Maui where she was born and raised and continues to raise her family. In her spare time she loves to cook and bake and has compiled many of her favorite recipes on her wildly popular website keepingitrelle.com.
Relle is a self taught, home cook. Her recipes are meant to be easy to follow so that anyone can share them with family and friends. Her love for baking began at a young age when she would help her mother in the kitchen.
She loves to bake all kinds of sweets, and admits she still has a sweet tooth.
Liliko’i Bars by Relle Lum
Ingredients for crust:
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Butter (unsalted)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Ingredients for Bars
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup Lilikoʻi juice
- Sprinkle Powdered sugar
Method for crust:
- Add flour, sugar and salt mix well.
- Add butter to above mixture, mix.
- Add mixture to a 9×13 inch pan that is lined by parchment paper.
- Spread out lightly, don't push down in pan.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutest at 350 degrees.
Method for Bars:
- Mix eggs, flour and sugar in a bowl , then when mixed well, add lilikoʻi juice.
- Pour mixture into cooked crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove bars from pan by picking up the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar and cut into squares.