Ridge Lenny is a professional ocean athlete and business owner born and raised on the beautiful island of Maui. He spends countless hours in the ocean, training in the gym, and operating two businesses, so we were happy to get him into the Cooking Hawaiian Style kitchen.
Ridge is the younger brother of professional big wave surfer Kai Lenny. Both say their love of the ocean came from their parents who raised them on the beach enjoying all water activities.
These days you can find Ridge surfing massive waves at Peahi on his home island, or cruising atop the ocean, wing fishing.
Rate This Recipe:
Cold Noodle Salad with Dashi Sauce by professional surfer Ridge Lenny
- 3.5 ozs Dried saimin/ramen noodles (cook per instructions on bag)
- 1 Pack dashi
- 1 3/4 cup Water
- 1 stalk Green onion (cut small)
- 1/2 clove Garlic (chopped small)
- 2 Tbsp Shaved fennel
- 2 Tbsp Shredded radish
- 1/4 sliced Cucumber (sliced thin)
- Sprinkle Sesame seeds
- 4 Pea shoots
- Cook noodles per bag instructions, then drain.
- Add 1 ¾ cup water to a bowl.
- Add dashi, green onion and garlic to water, mix well.
- Plating for 2 servings (dessert glass bowl works well).
- Split dashi between both serving dishes, pour on bottom of bowl.
- Add cooked/drained noodles to dashi.
- Add shaved fennel.
- Add shredded radish.
- Add sliced cucumbers.
- Add pea shoots.
- Sprinkle Sesame Seeds.
- Add protein.