A favorite pupu for us here in the islands. Our style of beef jerky, salty and chewy. Traditionally smoked, this is a home version.
Make this in big batches and keep in your freezer to have ready to take along to unexpected gatherings. You can eat it just as is, or fry it up until crispy.
Rate This Recipe:
- 3 lbs. flank steak, 4-inch pieces
- 1 c. Aloha shoyu
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 TB fresh ginger, grated
- Combine all ingredients in a large zip-lock bag.
- Marinate overnight.
- Place meat on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake in preheated 170 degree oven 5-5 1/2 hours.
How To Serve:
- For service: Slice thinly; eat as is or sauté in vegetable oil until crispy.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serves many!