This delicious ramen with lobster recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai’s Island Bistro, Dining Out with Chai & Singha Thai Restaurant.
Ramen w/Lobster & Dried Oyster Mushrooms
- 3 bundles of egg noodles
- 8 pieces dried Shiitake Mushroom (soak in water until soft)
- 1 piece eight to ten ounces lobster tail (cut to bite size)
- 1 bunch of Choi Sum (cut to bite size)
- 1/2 Red bell pepper (cut to bite size)
- 6 pieces dried oyster mushrooms (soak in water for 10 minutes)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp slices red onion
- 4 c. chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1/3 tbsp sugar
- Aloha shoyu sauce and
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp corn starch (mix with two tablespoon water)
- Boil egg noodles in a pot of hot water until the noodles start to flout about a minute or two, bring it up and rinse with cold water to stop noodle from cooking, set aside.
- In a wok or sauté pan add vegetable oil and shiitake mushroom cook for minute or until the mushroom turn to a light brown, add lobster garlic and onion and cook for 10-15 seconds. Add chicken stock, dried oyster, oyster sauce, sugar, pepper and Aloha Shoyu. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add Choi Sum and red bell pepper bring to a boil and add corn starch to thicken the sauce, once the sauce is boiling turn the heat off.
How To Serve:
- In a large shallow bowl, place the noodle in the center and pour the sauce on top of the noodles.