This delicious Pan-Seared Salmon w/Coconut Ginger Rice & Pineapple Salsa recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai’s Island Bistro, Dining Out with Chai & Singha Thai Restaurant.
Pan-Seared Salmon w/Coconut Ginger Rice & Pineapple Salsa
- 6-8 oz salmon filet seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or butter
- 1/4 c. of steamed broccoli
- 2 tbsp dices pineapple
- 1/2 tbsp dices red bell pepper
- 1/2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1/2 tbsp chopped Chinese parsley
- dash of tabasco
- sugar and salt to taste
- 2 c. coconut ginger rice (see recipe below)
- 1 c. long grain rice
- 3/4 c. coconut milk
- 1/2 c. chicken stock
- one large piece of ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the coconut rice ingredients together and steam for about half and hour to forty five minutes or until rice is cooked, set aside.
- To make pineapple salsa, combine pineapple, bell pepper, onions, Chinese parsley, Tabasco, sugar and salt. Taste the salsa, add sugar or lemon juice if needed, depend on the pineapple.
- Sauté salmon in sauté pan with medium heat about 2-3 minutes on each side or until the fish is cooked.
How To Serve:
- Plate coconut rice in the center of the plate and top with the fish. Garnish the rice with broccoli and top the fish with pineapple salsa.