This delicious Pan-Seared Salmon w/Coconut Ginger Rice & Pineapple Salsa recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai’s Island Bistro, Dining Out with Chai & Singha Thai Restaurant.
Rate This Recipe:
Pan-Seared Salmon w/Coconut Ginger Rice & Pineapple Salsa
This delicious Pan-Seared Salmon w/Coconut Ginger Rice & Pineapple Salsa recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai's Island Bistro, Dining Out with Chai & Singha Thai Restaurant.
- 6-8 oz salmon filet seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or butter
- 1/4 c. of steamed broccoli
- 2 tbsp dices pineapple
- 1/2 tbsp dices red bell pepper
- 1/2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1/2 tbsp chopped Chinese parsley
- dash of tabasco
- sugar and salt to taste
- 2 c. coconut ginger rice (see recipe below)
- 1 c. long grain rice
- 3/4 c. coconut milk
- 1/2 c. chicken stock
- one large piece of ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the coconut rice ingredients together and steam for about half and hour to forty five minutes or until rice is cooked, set aside.
- To make pineapple salsa, combine pineapple, bell pepper, onions, Chinese parsley, Tabasco, sugar and salt. Taste the salsa, add sugar or lemon juice if needed, depend on the pineapple.
- Sauté salmon in sauté pan with medium heat about 2-3 minutes on each side or until the fish is cooked.
How To Serve:
- Plate coconut rice in the center of the plate and top with the fish. Garnish the rice with broccoli and top the fish with pineapple salsa.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!