This delicious spicy Thai pasta with shrimp recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai’s Island Bistro, Dining Out with Chai & Singha Thai Restaurant.
Spicy Thai Pasta w/Shrimp
- 1 lb of shrimp cleaned and divined
- 2 lbs fresh pasta precooked to al dante
- 1 tbsp Thai red chili paste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 c. coconut milk
- 1/2 c. Chinese long beans cut about 1.5 inches long
- 1/4 c. of shredded carrot
- 3 stems Cilantro
- 3 stems fresh Thai basil
- 1 stalk of green onions
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tbsp fish sauce or to taste
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- Combine all the coconut rice ingredients together and steam for about half and hour to forty five minutes or until rice is cooked, set aside.
- To make pineapple salsa, combine pineapple, bell pepper, onions, Chinese parsley, Tabasco, sugar and salt. Taste the salsa, add sugar or lemon juice if needed, depend on the pineapple.
- Sauté salmon in sauté pan with medium heat about 2-3 minutes on each side or until the fish is cooked.
How To Serve:
- Plate coconut rice in the center of the plate and top with the fish. Garnish the rice with broccoli and top the fish with pineapple salsa.
Toggle panel: Post Settings