Rate This Recipe:
This recipe is a typical wonton recipe that you can either fry up or use for a soup. What makes this recipe different from most is the secret of the chicken bouillon in the jar. Better than bouillon comes in a variety of flavors but the beauty is you can adjust it to your liking. I also added some creative ingredients to my wonton. They work great folding it in a triangle and frying or in the pocket version for soup. The wonton recipe can be divided in half, I make a lot for couple days of soup and some frying. I like to wrap as needed per day.
- 8-10 black tiger shrimp (21/25 count)
- 1.5 lb. ground pork
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. zested ginger
- 4 cloves garlic zested
- 1/2 bunch green onion chopped
- 2 pkg. wonton wrappers
- Chicken broth (better than bouillon is best to adjust taste and make as much you want)
- to taste White pepper
- 1 thumb ginger
- 6-8 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. oden
- Clean and devein shrimp.
- Chop up pretty fine.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Fill in about 1 tbsp. per wrapper.
- *For soup I wrap it like this instructional webpage:http://justonecookbook.com/how-to/how-to-wrap-a-wonton/
- *sprinkle pan with a little flour to keep from sticking
- *cover with damp cloth, chill until ready to use.
- Fry or reserve for soup.
- Drizzle sesame oil.
- Boil broth, ginger and garlic (adjusting to taste). Then add oden and splash of sesame oil.
- Drop in wontons and when float to top they should be ready about 3 minutes or so.
- *I only cook amout needed, save extra in refrigerator or fry some on the side.
- Garnish with cilantro, green onion and char siu. ENJOY!
Calories: 2433kcalCarbohydrates: 48gProtein: 179gFat: 164gSaturated Fat: 56gPolyunsaturated Fat: 20gMonounsaturated Fat: 71gTrans Fat: 0.04gCholesterol: 1055mgSodium: 3348mgPotassium: 2694mgFiber: 3gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 977IUVitamin B1: 5mgVitamin B5: 6mgVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 429mgIron: 9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!