Rate This Recipe:
Seared Ahi Bowl
I can't think of a quicker meal than to throw together a seared ahi bowl. You can also used leftover poke which makes it even quicker.
- 2 pc. ahi steaks
- 1/2 c. Aloha shoyu
- 1/2 c. mirin
- 1 TB prepared wasabi paste to taste
- 1 tsp. Shichimi Togarashi spice (seasoned red pepper)
- as needed Vegetable oil for frying
- Steamed white rice, furikake as desired
- In a mixing bowl; combine soy sauce, mirin and wasabi paste.
- Marinate ahi on each side approximately 30 minutes. Remove from marinade; sprinkle with togarashi.
- In a skillet over high heat; warm oil. Quickly fry ahi on each side for just a few seconds. Cut into desired cubes.
- Transfer rice into serving bowls; top with furikake as desired.
- Spoon ahi cubes over rice.
How To Serve:
- Serve immediately. Serves 2.
Calories: 131kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 6gFat: 0.3gSaturated Fat: 0.04gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.04gCholesterol: 0.4mgSodium: 2584mgPotassium: 259mgFiber: 1gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 102IUVitamin B1: 0.04mgVitamin B5: 0.2mgVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 28mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!