Rate This Recipe:
Fried Pork Adobo
A nice twist on a Hawaii favorite! Filipino pork adobo… cooked until tender, then fried up crispy before serving.
- 3-4 lbs. pork butt but into bite sized pieces
- 1 TB vegetable oil
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. Aloha shoyu
- 1/3 c. white vinegar
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- as needed Vegetable oil for frying
- In a skillet over medium high heat; brown pork in oil.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 1 ½ hours.
- Drain pork pieces.
- In a skillet over medium heat; brown pork in oil.
- Serves 6.
Calories: 376kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 45gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 136mgSodium: 862mgPotassium: 868mgFiber: 0.2gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 0.4IUVitamin B1: 1mgVitamin B5: 4mgVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 54mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!