Rate This Recipe:
7 Layer Jello
Always a popular dish for family get-togethers, potlucks and events.
- 2 pkgs. gelatin unflavored
- 4 (6 oz.) boxes jello
- 4 each 1 c. boiling hot water (1 cup for each pack of Jello)
- 1/2 c. boiling water (for gelatin)
- 4 each 1/2 c. cold water (1/2 cup for each pack of Jello)
- 2 c. milk
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 c. sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In small mixing bowl; dissolve first color jello in 1 cup of boiling water, add 1/2 cup cold water.
- Transfer into 13×9-inch glass baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl; dissolve gelatin in 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat; bring milk to a low boil. Immediately remove from heat; stir in sugar, mixing until dissolved.
- Whisk in gelatin mixture, sour cream and vanilla. Whisk until smooth; cool completely.
- After the first layer is set, pour 1 1/2 cups of milk mixture over Jello.
- Refrigerate until set and is sticky to the touch.
- Repeat layers. Refrigerate 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Slice for service.
Calories: 2182kcalCarbohydrates: 285gProtein: 29gFat: 108gSaturated Fat: 57gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 336mgSodium: 471mgPotassium: 1321mgSugar: 280gVitamin A: 3714IUVitamin B1: 0.3mgVitamin B5: 3mgVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 1136mgIron: 0.5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!