Another AlohaCare heathy & affordable eating recipe developed by Carol Nardello from “Sweet Dash of Aloha”. These muffins are made with whole wheat pastry flour and nutritious dried fruit and coconut. See how AlohaCare is engaged in the community by visiting https://alohacare.org.
Rate This Recipe:
Quick Morning Glory Muffins Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small apple peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dates seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 1 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (fresh or dried)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease or line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, combine fruits and carrot. In a third bowl, combine eggs, applesauce, water and vanilla.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Add mixed fruits and coconut and stir just until moistened. Avoid overmixing.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in hot oven for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.