Rate This Recipe:
Onaga w/Dill Sauce
Onaga or Hawaiian red snapper lightly pan fried and served with a creamy dill and mushroom sauce…absolutely delicious!
- 4 onaga fillets skin left on
- 1/2 c. flour to dust fish
- 2 TB olive oil
- 2 TB butter
- 1 c. shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 TB Aloha shoyu
- 2 TB fresh dill chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season fish fillets with salt and pepper and dust with flour.
- In a skillet over medium heat; warm oil and butter.
- Place fish skin side down and brown 2 1/2 – 3 minutes. Turn and continue browning 2-3 minutes, just until fish turns opaque in the center.
- Remove fish; keep warm. Drain oil from skillet.
- Return approximately 2 TB of oil back into skillet.
- Add mushrooms, cream, and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer 3-4 minutes, until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Stir in dill; season as needed.
- Serves 3-4.
Calories: 1998kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 257gFat: 83gSaturated Fat: 41gPolyunsaturated Fat: 9gMonounsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 623mgSodium: 1021mgPotassium: 5470mgFiber: 3gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 3628IUVitamin B1: 1mgVitamin B5: 11mgVitamin C: 20mgCalcium: 509mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!