Rate This Recipe:
Hot & Spicy Seafood Soup Recipe
What could be better than a hot, spicy bowl of soup full of flavorful shrimp and mussels in a rich, flavorful broth?
- 12 medium-size shrimps deveined, shells removed
- 10 fresh mussels
- 12 mushrooms
- 1 stalk lemon grass (lightly pounded and cut into 2" long)
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon better than bouillon lobster base
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 thai chilis (pounded lightly)
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- Bring water to boil, then add lemon grass, lime leaves, mussels and shrimp.
- When the shrimps turn pink, add mushrooms and salt.
- Remove the pot from heat, add fish sauce, lobster base, lime juice, and hot peppers.
- Serve the soup while still hot and garnish with cilantro.
A tasty addition to this is to add chopped pieces of kim chee and about a cup of kim chee juice.
Calories: 294kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 49gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 254mgSodium: 5712mgPotassium: 1748mgFiber: 3gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 841IUVitamin B1: 0.4mgVitamin B5: 5mgVitamin C: 57mgCalcium: 195mgIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!