Rate This Recipe:
Tofu Rice Noodle
A great stir fry noodle dish using rice noodles, tofu and bean sprouts. Simple, but full of flavor. Make without eggs or patis to make this truly vegetarian.
- 2-3 TB vegetable oil as needed
- 5 oz. thick rice-stick noodles soaked in water, drained well
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 5-6 oz. block fried tofu thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 c. bean sprouts
- peanuts chopped
- garlic chives chopped
- cilantro leaves chopped
- green onion chopped
- 3 TB patis (fish sauce)
- 3 TB lemon juice
- 3 TB palm sugar
- In a mixing bowl; combine sauce ingredients.
- In a wok over medium heat; stir fry garlic until golden.
- Add tofu. Reduce heat; add sauce; stirring to dissolve.
- Add noodles and stir fry briefly.
- Push to one side of wok; add additional oil as needed.
- Add beaten eggs; stirring to scramble; keeping to one side of wok.
- Add bean sprouts.
- Toss well to combine all ingredients.
- Transfer onto serving platter.
- Top with garnishes.
Calories: 1330kcalCarbohydrates: 178gProtein: 61gFat: 46gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 22gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 372mgSodium: 4499mgPotassium: 1385mgFiber: 14gSugar: 52gVitamin A: 649IUVitamin B1: 1mgVitamin B5: 4mgVitamin C: 82mgCalcium: 361mgIron: 10mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!