My long time friend, who is a great cook, shared this recipe with me. She makes this stuffing every Thanksgiving. What wonderful flavors! It reminds me of a kicked up Spanish Rice Dish.
You can stuff your turkey or just eat it as a separate dish. I love it both ways!
Rate This Recipe:
- 5 cups white rice
- Giblets from turkey
- 1/4 cup Aloha shoyu
- 1/4 cup water
- 8-9 cloves of garlic
- 1 small round onion
- 1 small Chinese yam (Optional)
- 1 can water chestnuts
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/2 bunch green onions
- small Portuguese sausage
- 1 can chopped mushrooms
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 bunches Chinese parsley
- 1/2 bunch of American parsley
- olives (optional)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 – 1/4 of water
- 2 tsp. Achote oil (Buy the seeds in supermarket and cookl them in frying oil to extract flavoring. Save the rest of oil for later use).
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook giblets in Aloha shoyu and water.
- Do not throw the Aloha shoyu and water out.
- Remove from fire when cooked.
- Dice giblets and all other ingredients and cook on low fire in the Aloha shoyu and water previously used to cook giblets.
- Add the above sauce.
- Cook everything in a large frying pan on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add 5 cups of cooked wild rice or white rice to sauce mixture and mix until rice is completely covered and continue to cook in large frying pan on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stuff bird!
How To Serve:
- Take stuffing out of turkey first before carving.
- Place stuffing from bird in a large bowl.
- If you have any leftover stuffing that was not used in the turkey, place in a separate bowl.
- DO NOT MIX both stuffings together.