Had a similar version of this Rolled Ahi and Salmon Tempura recipe at a local Sushi Bar, served as the special of the day. You can change up the fish to use whatever you desire.
The flavors of the ahi together with the salmon make a great combination. The Curried Tempura Batter works well with this recipe.
Rolled Ahi & Salmon Tempura
- oil for frying
- 4 1/2 inch x 4 inch strips of ahi, lightly
- 4 1/2 inch x 4 inch strips of salmon, lightly salted
- 4 stalks green onion, length of nori sheet
- 4 stalks watercress, length of nori sheet
- 2 sheets nori (toasted seaweed), cut in half
- water as needed
- 1 1/2 – 2 c. favorite tempura batter
- In a wok or deep fat fryer; heat oil.
- On work surface, onto bottom of nori; place ahi, salmon, green onion and watercress.
- Trim onion tops and watercress bottom as needed.
- Roll tightly; wet edge of nori with water; seal.
- Dip in tempura batter; fry until crisp.
- Drain in paper towel.
How To Serve:
- For service; slice; serve with favorite dipping sauce. Or, eat just as is.
- Serves 4.