A twist on the standard Tempura Dipping Sauce, I love the citrus flavor. Yuzu is a preferred choice of fruit, but almost impossible to get here.
Citrus Tempura Sauce
- 1/2 c. each favorite dashi & Aloha shoyu
- 1/4 c. each mirin sake, sugar
- juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. lemon or lime zest
- 1/2 c. turnip, grated
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring soy sauce, mirin and sugar to a boil; stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Stir in juices and zest.
- Place turnip in serving dishes; ladle sauce into dishes.
How To Serve:
- Makes approximately 2 cups.