My youngest sister loves Salt and Pepper Shrimp. We were invited to her home one evening and I was determined to prepare a dish especially for her, so I wanted to get a recipe just perfect for her liking. Crispy, crunchy and spicy.
JUST FOR SWEETIE SALT & PEPPER SHRIMP
- Oil for frying
- 1 lb. whole shrimp
- 1 TB cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 TB vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp. each salt, Chinese 5-spice
- 1/4 tsp. ground Szechwan peppercorn
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- In a wok or deep fat fryer; heat oil.
- In a mixing bowl; combine spice ingredients; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl; coat shrimp in cornstarch and salt.
- Deep fry; drain on paper towel.
- In a skillet over medium high heat; stir fry shallot, garlic, chili pepper and ginger in oil.
- Add shrimp; heat through.
- Transfer onto serving platter.
- Sprinkle with spice.
How To Serve:
- Serves 6-8.