This delicious Shoyu Cornish Hen w/Stir-Fried Sugar Snap Peas recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai’s Island Bistro, Dining Out with Chai & Singha Thai Restaurant.
Rate This Recipe:
Shoyu Cornish Hen w/Stir-Fried Sugar Snap Peas
This Shoyu Cornish Hen with Stir-Fried Sugar Snap Peas recipe is compliment of Chef Chai.
Cornish Game Hens
- Two 12-14 oz. Tyson Cornish game hens
- 2 c. Aloha Aloha shoyu
- 2 c. of chicken stock
- 1/2 c. of sugar
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 stock green onion
- 1 stock Chinese parsley
- 1 whole garlic, cut in half
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tbsp whole black pepper
Stir-Fried Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 c. sugar snap peas
- 1/4 c. young baby corn
- 1/4 c. red bell pepper cut to a bit size
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp of white wine or chicken stock
- 1/2 tbsp Aloha Aloha shoyu
- pepper to taste
Cornish Game Hens
- In a sauce pot (prefer smaller size so the hen can submerse in the sauce) combine Aloha Shoyu, chicken stock, sugar, ginger, green onions, Chinese Parsley, garlic, and black pepper. Bring to a boil.
- For presentation tie the legs of the hen with a string, (this will prevent form the legs spread out) and drop in the shoyu stock, bring to a boil with medium high heat for couple minutes (remove any scum while it boiling) simmer for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of the hen.
- Remove the hen from the pot and let it rest a few minutes before serving.
Stir-fried Sugar Snap Peas
- Heat the sauté pan with high heat, wait until the pan is hot add oil and sugar snap peas, sauté for30 seconds, add bell pepper, and young corns, sauté for a few seconds add chicken stock, oyster sauce, shoyu sauce and pepper to taste.
- Cook for a minute or two or until the snap peas is cooked.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Order Chef Chai’s Cookbook
- Advertisement -