Shredded,mango, One of my favorite treats when mango season is upon us. Sweet and salty, you will be happy you took the time to make this treat.
- 6-8 green mango, peeled, 1/2-inch strips
- 2 TB Hawaiian salt
- 2 TB water
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Chinese 5 spice
- 1 tsp. red food coloring, optional
- In a large mixing bowl; toss mangoes with salt.
- Place a heavy plate onto mangoes; let stand overnight.
- Rinse and drain well.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat; stir together water, sugar and spice till syrupy.
- Add coloring and mangoes; cook 8-10 minutes.
- Cool. Lay flat on a baking sheet.
- Bake 200 degrees for 2 hrs; until dried.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups.