It’s always a special treat whenever you receive this as you know the gift giver went through some extra effort. A popular gift idea for Girl’s Day or Children’s Day. Sweet and succulent strawberry and red bean surrounded by mochi.
Strawberry An Mochi
- 16-20 fresh medium size strawberries, rinsed, wiped dry
- 1 (18 oz.) koshian (sweet bean paste)
- 1 (16 oz.) box mochiko (sweet glutinous rice flour)
- 3 c. water
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2-3/4 c. katakuriko (potato starch), as needed
- On work surface wrap strawberries with koshian; set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat; bring water to a boil.
- Stir in sugar.
- Add mochiko a little at a time; stirring to mix well.
- Remove from heat. On work surface; dust area with katakuriko.
- Transfer mochiko mixture onto work surface.
- Pound out and knead well until smooth and easy to handle.
- Pinch off enough dough to wrap around strawberry; dependant on size.
- Pinch ends to seal Strawberries should be eaten on the day prepared.