Sean Na’auao is back in the Cooking Hawaiian Style kitchen. The singer that brought us Fish and Poi, and Surf Pāʻina shares some of his music history and chefs it up at the same time.
Sean was one of the founding members of the Mana’o Company, he is also a producer, song writer and of course singer. This guy has many talents and he shares some of his culinary ones with us.
Stuffed Ono by Sean Na’auao
- 1 Ono (medium size)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 1 thumb sliced ginger
- 1 stock green onion
- 1 Purity Portuguese sausage
- 6 lup chong Chinese sausage
- 1/2 an ulu (breadfruit) If you don’t have use 2 potato
- 1/2 bunch of water cress
- salt pepper to taste
- Clean fish and empty out the cavity.
- Stuff the cavity with ginger, Portuguese sausage, lup chong, chopped up water cress and garlic.
- Mix mayo and oyster sauce in a bowl.
- Rub mayo/oyster sauce mix all over the fish.
- Cut ulu and place at the bottom of the pan.
- Lay the stuffed fish on the ulu, then salt and pepper.
- Cover tight with tin foil and put in the oven for 40–45 minutes at 375.