- Advertisement -
Taro Brand Poi Banana Bread Recipe
I'm going to let you in on a baker's secret.. If you are a baker and want your cakes and other baked goods to be moist, use poi. This poi banana bread recipe is rich, moist and delicious!
Yield: 1 Serving
- Baking Pan.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup poi
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup Taro Brand taro pancake mix
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 – 5 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, cream sugar and butter.
- Then add poi, vanilla, eggs and sour cream.
- Blend well and add ripe bananas.
- In another bowl, add flour, salt and baking soda, mix well and slowly add to wet ingredients.
- Blend just enough to incorporate wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour into a rectangular baking pan 8"x5" and bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes.
- Put powdered sugar in a bowl and mix a little of the milk at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Spread the icing all over the banana bread and allow it to harden.
- If you put the icing on the bread before it completely cools, the icing will melt.
Calories: 3818kj | Carbohydrates: 492g | Protein: 74g | Fat: 189g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Cholesterol: 444mg | Sodium: 2411mg | Potassium: 2263mg | Fiber: 23g | Sugar: 348g | Vitamin A: 1420IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 1027mg | Iron: 17mg