|Our host Lanai was lucky enough to meet Jerry Correa, a local boy from Kauai, while working on the Show Aloha Challenge Campaign during the pandemic. Jerry is President & CEO of Saint Francis Health Care System of Hawaii, Hawaii’s only Catholic health care system. |
Jerry and his team are providing much needed essentials for our senior communities and 2020 has definitely expanded the need for their work. This week he joins us in the Cooking Hawaiian Style kitchen sharing his families fried rice with Portuguese sausage and bacon recipe.
Fried Rice with Portuguese Sausage and Bacon by Jerry Correa of Saint Francis Healthcare
- 6 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced spam
- 1 large Maui onion diced
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 3 cups cooked rice cold leftover
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup diced Lap Chong
- 1/2 cup pineapple Portuguese Sausage Diced
- 1/2 cup bacon diced
- Add oil to wok and heat pan.
- Cut up the bacon and add to wok, fry.
- Cut the Portuguese sausage and add to wok.
- Cut spam and add to wok.
- Cut lup chong and add to wok.
- Cut Maui onion and add to wok.
- Crack 3 eggs into the wok.
- Stir with fork.
- Add day old rice.
- Add shoyu and continue stirring.
- Add oyster sauce.
- Top with green onion.
- Ready when egg has cooked through.