Moist & Fluffy Taro Poi Pancakes Recipe
If you want pancakes that are moist and fluffy, try making this Taro Brand recipe using Taro Brand Taro Pancake Mix & Fresh Frozen Poi!
Yield: 1 Serving
- Bowl (Medium Size)
- Frying Pan
- 1/4 Fresh Frozen Poi*
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cup Taro Brand Taro Pancake Mix
- In a medium sized bowl, add fresh poi, eggs, sugar and baking powder.
- Mix until all ingredients are blended well.
- Add Taro Brand pancake mix and gently fold into mixture.
- Do not overmix.
- Heat a frying pan with butter and add about 2/3 batter to the frying pan.
- When butter is filled with air bubbles and the edges are firm and golden brown, gently flip pancake.
- Serve with butter, powdered sugar or your favorite toppings.
* To prepare fresh frozen poi, remove from freezer. Thaw on counter or sink for 1 hour. Break fresh frozen poi into pieces and place in a bowl. Add as little water as possible (1/4 cup) cover and microwave for 3-4 minutes. Remove from microwave, mix poi with a fork until smooth. Microwave more if texture is lumpy.
Calories: 924kj | Carbohydrates: 111g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 520mg | Sodium: 1868mg | Potassium: 1091mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 1538IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 1118mg | Iron: 5mg