Simple and ono pupu (appetizer), perfect for sitting around the hibachi drinking beers with da bruddahs. Easy to make ahead of time and grill when ready.
Teriyaki Glazed Bacon Mushroom Pupu Skewers
- 2 lbs bacon cut in half
- 48 med-large mushrooms washed
- 48 mini wood skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
- bottled teriyaki sauce
- coarse black pepper for seasoning
- Cut bacon in half so that you have 48 half slices.
- Gently wash mushrooms and dry.
- Soak mushrooms in teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes.
- At the same time, soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes as well.
- After 30 minutes, take pieces of bacon and wrap each piece of bacon around each mushroom.
- Put 4 bacon-wrapped mushrooms on each skewer.
- Cook skewers on grill for 3-5 minutes until both sides are nice and golden brown.
- Brush each skewer with remaining teriyaki sauce while cooking.
- Sprinkle with coarse ground pepper immediately after cooking.