Growing up was the best in Hawaii…easy dinner by going river and catching a bucket full of crayfish. It’s a little time consuming to eat but awesome for pupus and beer on the side.
Most Asian markets sell them fresh, my kids love when I bring them home alive. Does not taste the same when they are frozen but you sure can use frozen for this recipe.
Rate This Recipe:
- 1-2 lbs. fresh crawfish / crayfish
- 1 1/2 sticks salted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon better than chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Rinse and soak crayfish in water.
- Sauté butter, garlic and bouillon in wok or pot.
- Add crayfish and other seasonings.
- Cook until crayfish are completely red.