This Thai Coconut Cake is a no bake, tasty cake. Light, wonderful and delicious cake!
Thai Coconut Cake
- 1-1/2 cup mochiko (rice flour)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup water with 1 tsp. vanilla added
- 2-3 Tbs. peanut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the mochiko, salt and sugar together.
- Beat the egg and add it to the flour mixture.
- Knead mixture.
- Add the shredded coconut and a little bit of the scented water.
- Knead the dough. Keep on adding water a little at a time.
- Blend mixture until smooth.
- Heat a griddle on the stove.
- Grease the surface with the peanut oil.
- Drop mixture onto the hot griddle, molding them into small, flat rounds.
- Grill on low to medium heat until golden brown.
- Flip over the cakes and grill the other side until golden brown.
How To Serve:
- Serve warm.